Take an exclusive Nile cruise on a sandal, an old sailing ship once used to carry stonework, now converted into a modern leisure sailboat. Travel privately, there is room for 4 people on our sandal, with 2 cabines, 2 bathrooms with showers, a comfortable sitting room and relaxing furniture on the deck. Wi-fi is on board.
A trip on the sandal is a voyage in harmony with the river: the fragrances, the colors and all the life surrounding the Nile, when only the sound of the water gently lapping against the hull, the open sails, and in the evening the calm of a creak lined with palm trees and papyrus.
The sandal, due to its low-lying hull, can dock anywhere, so you will be able to take marvelous walks in the fields or in the desert, visit old villages where time seems to stand still.
Your guide will help you to discover the riches of rural Egyptian life. He speaks enough English to communicate with you easily. You can also visit the temples on the way, with a professional guide.
The meals on board are lavish and made fresh. The chef is ready to cook what you would like to taste. On occasion, the ship’s crew will transform itself into a group of traditional musicians and singers. The cruise can start at Edfou and stop in Aswan or the other way round, and usually lasts 5 days and 4 nights.
An example :
- Day 1: Lunch on board and sailing – dinner and night on Fawasy
- Day 2: Sailing to Ramadi – short walk – lunch – walk in Wadi El Chott. Sailing to Gebel Silsila. Dinner and Night facing Horemheb.
- Day 3: Walk in Gebel Silsila – lunch on board – sailing and walk in Qarn El Dib. Night on Munhïa.
- Day 4: Sailing to and visit of Kom Ombo Sailing – lunch – Night on left bank of Aswan
- Day 5: Arrival in Aswan – End of Cruise
You can contact us to have more information or if you wish a bigger boat or more boats.
Sandal: 5 Days 4 Nights (including Transfer airport Hotel & Transfer Edfu)
- 2 pers. € 2200,-
- 3 or 4 pers. € 2700,-